- Assistant Professor（助理教授，特别研究员，博士生导师）
- Department of Automation, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
- Office: Room 418A, Zhongyangzhulou, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
- Telephone: 010-62782459
- E-mail: c hyphen shang at tsinghua dot edu dot cn (“hyphen” replaced by “-“, “‘at”’ replaced by ‘‘@’’, “dot” replaced by “.”)
Data Science: Data-driven modelling, deep learning and big process data analytics with applications to intelligent manufacturing.
Process Control: System identification, model predictive control, controller auto-tuning and fault diagnosis.
Optimization Theory and Applications: Stochastic programming, distributionally robust optimization and distributed optimization with applications to industrial intelligent decision-making including process scheduling and planning.
- [Nov. 16] Our paper “Multiple kernel learning-aided robust optimization: Learning procedure, computational tractability, and usage in multi-stage decision-making” has been accepted by European Journal of Operational Research. Congratulations to Biao Han!
- [Oct. 28] Our paper “Distributionally robust fault detection design and assessment for dynamical systems” co-authored with Prof. Steven X. Ding at Univ. of Duisburg-Essen and Prof. Hao Ye has been accepted by Automatica as a Regular Paper!
- [Oct. 28] Our paper “Efficient low-order system identification from low-quality step response data with rank-constrained optimization” has been accepted by Control Engineering Practice as a featured paper for the Emerging Leaders in Control Engineering Practice Series. The featured paper series is to recognize outstanding contributions from early- to mid-career researchers to the developments and applications of control engineering technologies. Congratulations to Qingyuan!
- [Oct. 24] Xudong Yin gave his first conference presentation on the 2nd International Conference on International Conference on Industrial Artificial Intelligence (IAI), Shenyang, China.
- [Sep. 18] The research proposal “Dynamic Modeling of Industrial Data and Process Monitoring Based on Robust Slow Feature Analysis” has been approved by National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- [Sep. 17] Our paper “A holistic probabilistic framework for monitoring non-stationary dynamic industrial processes” has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology as a Brief Paper. Congratulations to David Scott!
- [Sep. 12] Our paper “A posteriori probabilistic bounds of convex scenario programs with validation tests” co-authored with Prof. Fengqi You at Cornell has been accepted as a Regular Paper in IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control!
- [Jul. 30] Dr. Shang won the Zhangzhongjun Best Paper Award of 31st Chinese Process Control Conference held in Xuzhou, China.
We now have two openings of postdoctoral positions, one in big process data analytics and fault diagnosis, and the other in stochastic optimization and parallel computing. We welcome highly motivated researchers to join us to make theoretical innovations while attacking practical problems in process industries. We provide competitive salary and university accommodation. Additional support is also provided for applying for Shuimu Scholarship（水木学者）at Tsinghua University and China Postdoc innovation talent plan（博士后创新人才计划）for two years. Candidate requirements:
- A Ph.D. degree in control science and engineering or related field.
- Proficient in machine learning, optimal control or large-scale optimization.
- A good research track record in related field, including at least 2 referred papers in international journals.
- Proficient in English (listening, speaking, writing and reading).
- Knowledge or experience in CUDA programming is preferred.